For many people, the idea of buying cannabis online is a bit scary. But with more and more dispensaries hopping on board with e-commerce platforms, it’s actually a pretty safe option. Here are some things to consider about ordering from an online dispensary:
Is It Legal To Order From Online Dispensaries?
To help you with your decision, we’ve put together a simple guide on whether it is legal to order cannabis online.
It’s important to note that the legality of ordering cannabis online varies from state to state. Some states allow residents to purchase marijuana over the internet, while others do not. Which state are you in? Check out our map below and find out if it’s legal where you live:
What Can Be Bought At Online Dispensaries?
Online dispensaries offer a fairly broad selection of cannabis products. As the industry grows and legalizes, prices will inevitably drop, and more options will become available. But for now you can find:
- Cannabis flower (aka bud)
- Cannabis oils (extracts) in various forms and strengths, including vape cartridges and e-liquids
- Edibles that can be taken orally or as a topical; are usually infused with THC or CBD oils from real flowers, but sometimes they’re just baked goods containing extracts.
- Concentrates like shatter or wax
Does An Online Dispensary Require Medical Documentation?
You can get your medical card online, at a clinic, or from your doctor. You can also get one from a licensed producer or directly from the government.
A medical card is valid for 12 months, but depending on how often you use cannabis, it may expire sooner than expected (and you will have to renew).
How Do Online Dispensaries Work?
The process can seem a bit daunting if you’ve never ordered from an online dispensary before. But don’t worry—it’s actually quite simple! You can place your order by phone or on the website of any licensed medical marijuana dispensary in Canada. The online ordering system will ask for basic information about yourself, and then you’ll submit payment for your purchase when prompted.
How Do You Pay For Your Order?
Paying to purchase your order is simple, and there are many payment options available. You can pay with a credit card, debit card or cash. If you don’t want to use either of those methods, there are other options that work just as well like an online store gift card or PayPal account.
How Is The Cannabis Delivered?
When it comes to receiving cannabis, there are a variety of ways that your package can be delivered.
- Discreet Packaging: In this case, the original packaging of your marijuana would have been removed. If you received your order in an envelope or bag clearly labeled with either “cannabis” or “weed,” it will not be considered discreet and could lead to legal action against the dispensary.
- Plain White Envelope: This means that no identifying marks were on the outside of the package when it arrived at its destination. This is by far one of the safest ways for a dispensary to ship cannabis as long as they don’t use any stickers or stamps on their packaging, which could compromise their anonymity.* Plain Brown Envelope: This means that no identifying marks were on the outside of the package when it arrived at its destination.* Padded Mailer/Bubble Wrap Envelope: This means that no identifying marks were on the outside of the package when it arrived at its destination.
We hope this article has been helpful for anyone who is considering buying cannabis online. As you can see, it’s not that difficult to do, but there are some things you should keep in mind before making your purchase. If you would like to learn more, please visit https://www.leaf2go.co/